Definition of Seller:
Store owner is:
ADvantage Agnieszka Mucha
Based in Jugowice, 58 Górna Street, Poland
EU VAT No: PL 884 104 90 61
Ph: +48 501 989 411
I. General Provisions
1. ADvantager Web Store at URL: https://advantager.eu is owned by ADvantage Agnieszka Mucha ul. Gorna 58, 58-321 Jugowice, EU VAT No: 884 104 90 61, called as “ADvantager” or “Seller”.
2. The subject of activity of the Online Store is to sale goods as toys for children and young people by internet.
3. ADvantager Online Shop allows you to view on-line offered products, send inquiries related to merchandise presented in the shop through an online store, and order selected products.
4. The customer of the ADvantager Online Store may be any person who is 13 years of age (If the person is not 18 years old, the consent of his / her legal representative is required), a legal person or an organizational unit without legal personality.
5. Each customer of the ADvantager online store is obliged to read these Regulations. Ignorance of the Terms does not release the Clientwith the rules contained in it. By making the registration activity on the https://advantager.eu website, you acknowledge that you have read these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that you accept them in the applicable form.
II. Terms and conditions of use of the ADvantager online store.
1. The goods offered by the Seller come from legal sources and are brand new.
2. The catalog of products available in the online store and the information about their features and prices is not an offer within the meaning of art. 66 of the Civil Code or an offer within the meaning of art. 543 of the Civil Code, but only the invitation to tender by the Clients and the conclusion of a contract within the meaning of art. 71 Civil Code. Information about the posted on the website goods does not mean that the goods are available in the Seller’s warehouse.
3. Customer Orders are accepted through the https://advantager.eu website 7 days a week and 24 hours a day.
4. Starting Customer’s use of the online store and submitting orders for the purchase of selected products through it, is preceded by a one-time registration by the Customer by providing the Customer’s e-mail address and correctly completing and sending to the Seller a registration form and a correct data indicated on this form.
5. In the registration form, the Customer is obliged to fill all the boxes correctly. The customer is responsible for the correctness of the data provided in the registration form that enables contact and delivery of the ordered goods. The seller is not responsible for the consequences of misrepresentation in the registration form.
6. The Seller reserves the right to cancel the order if the data provided by the Customer during registration is incomplete or if the data provided by the Customer is incorrect or inaccurate.
7. Customer’s registration will be confirmed by the Seller’s return message to the e-mail address provided by the Customer in the registration form.
8. Making purchases through the https://advantager.eu online store is accomplished through:
A) logging in to your account on the store’s website using the e-mail and password entered in the registration process; Either at a time without using an account;
B) selecting the products and their quantity using the catalog of products available in the store;
C) confirmation of the selected product selection and the Customer’s choice of shipping address and form of payment for the purchased goods by completing the order form and sending it to the Seller from the Customer’s account.
9. By submitting an online purchase order through the online store, the purchase order indicated by the Customer in the order form of the products available in the shop is equivalent to the offer by the Customer to enter into an agreement with the Seller under the conditions specified in the order form and in these Regulations.
10. The Seller reserves the right to contact the Customer to confirm the data used during the registration or the data in the order placed.
11. After placing an order, the Customer – at the e-mail address indicated on the registration form – receives
a return e-mail confirming receipt of the order to the online shop and the availability of goods ordered by the Client.
12. Acknowledgment of the acceptance of the order submitted by the Customer in the form of a return email sent by the Seller is equivalent to acceptance of the offer submitted by the Seller. In return email the Seller will confirm all relevant line items, in particular the description and quantity of ordered products, their net and gross price, Customer details and shipping costs and address.
13. After submitting the order of selected products available in the shop and confirmation by the Seller of the order in the form of a return electronic message, the Customer shall enter into a sales contract with the Seller, subject to the conditions indicated in the order form and in these Regulations.
14. The sale contract is deemed to be concluded if within 48 hours from placing an order or within the next two working days after receiving it (if the order has been placed on a day off) – the seller will confirm the availability of the product and will inform you of acceptance of the order.
III. Cost of goods shipping and terms of delivery.
1. Goods shipping is carried out – at the Customer’s choice – by courier DPD or via Registered Post (payment option of bank transfer to Seller’s account).
2. The shipment of the ordered goods takes place on the working day until 15.00 from the moment of confirming the payment to the Seller’s account.
3. If the Order is placed, the delivery goods will be made no later than 7 days from the date of the Contract of sale, unless the Seller indicates different date in the order confirmation.
4. Costs of delivery of goods in Europe depend on the value of ordered goods and the type of delivery (via courier, or Registered Post). Delivery costs will be clearly indicated during the order submission process and in the Seller’s confirmation of acceptance of the order.
5. The shipping costs are as follows:
* Delivery by Registered Post the cost of shipping is €15.
* Delivery by courier DPD the cost of shipping is €20.
7. Orders are processed regardless of the value of the purchased goods.
The ordered goods may only be delivered by the Seller to the address indicated by the Customer located in Europe. Orders shipped outside of Europe are possible after individual conditions and costs have been agreed in the mail correspondence.
8. The Seller shall not be liable for failure to deliver the purchased goods to the Customer or to delay delivery due to incorrect or incomplete delivery address by the Customer.
IV. Payment methods.
1. Payment by the Customer for the goods purchased through the online store can be made as follows:
A) transfer to Seller’s bank account:
PL 75 1050 1575 1000 0091 1719 7369
SWIFT SWIFT: INGBPLPW
with the mention of title transfer and Client’s name (s) and order number received in the acknowledgment of acceptance.
B) payment via secure payment system PAY PAL
If you choose to pay by bank transfer, the charge should be paid within 7 business days of order confirmation by the Shop. Otherwise, the Shop will cancel the order.
2. The prices of goods in the online shop are the unit gross price in Euro currency.
3. The prices of goods available in the online shop, visible at the time the order is placed by the Customer, are valid for the sale.
4. Seller reserves the right to change product prices, withdraw products, introduce new products and to carry out, cancel and modify promotional campaigns and discount policies in store.
5. A promotional sales can be limited and Customer orders are processed according to the order of receipt of confirmed orders.
1. The customer has the right to make a complaint regarding the purchase of goods for warranty or non-conformity of the consumer goods purchased through the online store.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, none of the provisions of these Regulations restrict the consumer’s rights under the law of the Republic of Poland, and in particular the provisions of the Civil Code, the Act of 2 March 2000 on the Protection of Certain Consumer Rights and the Law on July 27, 2002, on specific terms and conditions of consumer sales, and on amendments to the Civil Code (Journal of Laws No. 141, item 1176, as amended).
3. Complaints due to incompatibility of the goods with the sales contract or warranty can be submitted in writing and sent to the email address email@example.com.
4. Complained goods must be safely packed in the right packaging.
The proof of purchase and description of the complaint along with the justification must be added to the parcel.
5. The complaint will be dealt with by the Seller within 14 days since complained goods are received by the Seller.
6. The complained goods Customer sends to the Seller at his own expense. If the claim is accepted, the cost of return will be refunded to the Customer by the Seller.
7. If the complaint is accepted, the product will be repaired or replaced on product free of defects according to the client’s choice.
8. If the repair or replacement of the goods is not possible or requires excessive costs, the Seller will refund the money customer paid for the goods plus delivery costs.
VI. Return and exchange of goods.
1. Every customer placing an order through an online shop can return the goods without giving any reason by submitting the relevant statement in writing to the Seller within 14 days of the date of receipt of the purchased goods. To keep that deadline, it is enough to send a statement by the customer before it expires. The return of purchased goods should be made immediately, not later than within 14 days of the date of submission of the withdrawal statement to the Seller.
2. The seller provides the opportunity to exchange the purchased product with another product (the difference in price will be included) within 14 days of receiving the item. The product will be replaced if it has no traces of use, has original labels and it’s packed in the original, undamaged box.
3. The goods returned by the consumer should be packed in the appropriate manner, protected against damage during transport and packed in the original packaging. The goods should be returned with completed documents to our office:
ADvantage Agnieszka Mucha
ul. Teczowa 79-81
4. The returned or replaced goods must be accompanied by the proof of purchase and the account number to which the Seller will refund the amount for the goods.
5. The shipping costs of returned or exchanged goods shall be covered by the Customer.
VII. Personal data.
1. The information given by the Customer in the registration form, when registering in the online shop, will be processed by the Seller in the Seller’s customer database only to the extent necessary for the realization of contracts concluded through the shop.
2. The customer has the right to inspect and correct his personal data and the right to demand that their processing be discontinued and removed from the Seller’s customer base.
3. Customer personal data is processed and protected by the Seller in accordance with the provisions of the Act of 29.08.1997 On the protection of personal data (Journal of Laws of 1997, No. 133, item 883, as amended). , To prevent unauthorized access to this data.
VII. Final Provisions.
1. Recognition of individual provisions of these Regulations as invalid or ineffective does not affect the validity or effectiveness of the remaining provisions of the Regulations. In place of an invalid provision will apply the rule, which is closest to the purpose of the invalid order and the rest of these Regulations.
2. Any settlement of disputes between the Seller and the Customer will be submitted to the competent courts in accordance with the provisions of the Code of Civil Procedure.
3. Settlement of possible disputes arising between the Seller and the Non-Consumer Customer shall be submitted to the competent court for the Seller’s place of business.
4. Seller reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes to the Terms and Conditions apply from the moment they are clearly indicated and placed on the Shop website. The customer does not concern the provisions of the Regulations, which changed after the order was placed.
5. The current Terms and Conditions are published on the website of the Online Store and are delivered (by electronic way) free of charge to the Customer at every request.